- Was This Fair Face the Cause?
- Vocal (Solo or Small Ensemble)
- Southern Music Publishing Co. Inc.
- Edition/Catalog #
- HL 00228102
- ©1961 Southern Music Publishing Co.; ©1989 Virgil Thomson
- Year Composed
- M.S. Location
- The Virgil Thomson Papers at Irving S. Gilmore Music Library at Yale University
- Cardell Number
- Meckna Number
- William Shakespeare
- Related Persons
- William Shakespeare (Text Author)
- Related Works
Shakespeare Songs - Related Works
Shakespeare Songs (1956-57; W139) for voice and piano including member works:
1. Was This Fair Face the Cause? (from "All's Well That Ends Well")
2. Take, O Take Those Lips Away (from incidental music to "Measure for Measure"; 1956; See W341)
3. Tell Me Where is Fancy Bred (from incidental music to "The Merchant of Venice"; 1957; See W343)
4. Pardon, Goddess of the Night (from incidental music to "Much Ado About Nothing"; 1957; See W344)
5. Sigh No More, Ladies (from incidental music to "Much Ado About Nothing"; 1957; See W344)
Each member work also published in both "Collected Songs for High Voice" and "Collected Songs for Low Voice"